Registrato: 02/08/19 06:26
|OC Wedding and Other Photographers can Reduce their Workload by Outsourcing Non-Essential Tasks Business Articles | June 5 , 2009
Orange County Photographers, like accountants have busy seasons. Busy season can be different for each OC photographer. Those focusing on high school seniors will be busy at different times than those...
Orange County Photographers , like accountants have busy seasons. Busy season can be different for each OC photographer. Those focusing on high school seniors will be busy at different times than those who shoot weddings. Outsourcing is one tool photographers can use to manage these workload variations. This article offers suggestions on how this can be accomplished effectively.
Outsource first tasks that are redundant and less creative. An OC photographer?s reputation is based on his creative style. It is virtually impossible for another to perfectly replicate a photographer?s creative ability.
Thus, when work needs to be done by one other than the photographer , it makes sense outsource the non-creative work. Work that can be easily outsourced is selection of the best images from a photo shoot and color correction. These tasks are time consuming, necessary , but don?t require a high level of skill.
Using remote access can make the outsourcing of this work simple and relatively inexpensive. Remote access allows you to upload your pictures to your computer and make them accessible to others. In this way, your images never need to leave your studio. It is also a convenience to those to whom the work is outsourced. They can get online at anytime from any computer to perform their work.
Outsourcing work in this manner will free up the OC photographers time. By freeing up the photographers time the business can increase revenue and profits. Every hour a skilled photographer is performing color correction or picture selection is an hour he is not able to perform a photo shoot. The increase in the number of shoots a photographer can shoot is the single most effective way in which a photography business can increase revenue.
Profits are increased because even though there is an expense of hiring someone to select and color correct , the wage that needs to be paid should be substantially less than the value of the photographer?s time. Thus the work will be done at a lower rate and constitute a lower expense to the business. Lower expenses will translate into higher profits.
Thus, outsourcing the work should cause increase both revenue and profits.
A lot of people and companies have websites. They also have products and services they want people to know about. Unfortunately , most of these people and companies waste most of their time on things that don't help them to make money. Here are 7 areas to focus on that will help you make more money:
1. Remember that marketing is more important than what your product is. If you have the greatest product ever and no one knows about it you won't make any money.
Direct response marketing online is very similar to direct response marketing offline. 90% of your time should be invested in marketing because nothing else will make you money. Don't waste time figuring out how to do it right. Study the people who have already spent time and money on learning what does and doesn't work. Then you can spend more of your time on collecting cash.
2. You must have a back end product to make good money. The way to make the most money is to first offer FREE information that is valuable. This will begin your relationship with a customer. Then have a product that is under $50 for a front end. Make sure the front end product is somehow connected to the back end product. For example, if you sell a $10 book on shaving points off your golf score , you want to have a back end product like a $300 course on the best proven techniques for the most effective golf swing ever.
3. Your product needs to be valuable to your customers. They need to believe that what they receive is worth a lot more than what they paid for it. That will make them a life-long customer. Sell them something worthless and they will be unhappy and they will be gone forever. Sell products you believe in or don't sell anything.
4. Give your customers FREE bonuses and more than you promised. Under promise and over deliver. Make your customers say "Wow!" when they receive your products. Don't just make them happy, blow their minds with how much value they get from you.
There are thousands of low cost bonus products you can throw in as a thank you. Even better , these low cost bonuses can make your customers a lot of money and they will appreciate you more. Besides, it's more ethical and fun and creative to build in great extras and bonuses for people. The bottom line is the more you give the more you get.
5. Get opt-in e-mail addresses. This is like gold for you. The only real purpose for a consumer website is to capture leads and to sell products. By leads I mean e-mail addresses. You want to build up a customer list and then you want to work it repeatedly. Send out a monthly e-zine that offers FREE valuable information and mentions similar products they may be interested in. They may see something that a friend of theirs will want to buy from you.
The key here is that these people ask to be on your list , you give them FREE information that has value, and they can unsubscribe at any time.
6. Build a relationship. It is much easier to sell someone who has had a good experience with you than someone who has never heard of you. Most companies ignore this fact and spend thousands of dollars each month trying to bring in new customers while they ignore people who already bought from them. Pretty stupid , but that's how most businesses operate.
7. Never stop learning.